The University of Pittsburgh Writing Center provides free one-on-one help with writing for students, faculty, and staff. Below is a list of the most frequently asked questions by faculty.
- If the writing center doesn't correct papers, what
happens in a tutorial?
- When is it appropriate to
recommend students to the Writing Center—before
or after they've written a paper?
- How does the Writing Center
work with students who need help with grammar and punctuation?
- How can I find out if a student
has been to the Writing Center?
- What happens when students go to the Writing Center
and their writing doesn't improve?
- Is it possible to send an
entire class to the Writing Center?
- How do students arrange to
see a consultant?
- How can I arrange for my
students to learn more about the Writing Center?
- What about graduate students who need help?
- Can the Writing
Center help faculty?
- Can you direct me to other
resources on the teaching of writing?
- How do I reach the Writing Center or its administrators?