Enhance your degree with the Public and Professional Writing Certificate!
If you are a Literature, Writing, or Film Studies Major, you can count one of the courses you take in your major toward the PPW Certificate.
- Internships are available and recommended.
- Most PPW classes allow you to create and polish work samples for your portfolio.
- Students can elect to complete service-learning credit by volunteering in the community.
- Many courses offer instruction in digital media.
Students must complete a total of six courses:
- One approved course in the English or Film Studies major (see list below or speak with the director of PPW)
- One 400-level PPW class (Writing for the Legal Professions, Writing for the Public, or Written Professional Communication)
- Two 1000-level PPW courses (such as Grant and Proposal Writing, Language of Business and Industry, Public Relations Writing, Creative and Corporate Writing, Professional Uses of Social Media, Language of Science and Technology. See the complete list.)
- Two additional PPW classes from the 400 level or higher.
Courses That Count
|Literature Majors||Writing Majors||Film Studies Majors|
Narrative and Technology
How to Do Things with Literature
Literature and Medicine
Working Class Literature
Journalism Boot Camp
Writing the Review
Literary Journals and Online Publishing
World Film History